Happy Birthday to this blog

My first post went out from here 9 years ago!   Things have happened along the way job changes, house moves, family reunions.  In craft land styles have changed, we have all learnt new techniques, discovered new mediums, and all our styles have moved some more than others.

Looking back at some of those early posts I'm shocked at how bad my photography was.  In those early days I used either the scanner or a little digital point and shoot.   Over the last 9 years photo aps have developed so much so have the photo editing tools available to us.   I'd like to think the pictures I share with you now are far better than they used to be.

And the journey continues.   This little tent card was inspired by a new to me challenge.


The Library challenge, The premise of this challenge is a book title and cover prompt.   You than take inspiration from is either the cover, the title or if you know it the story it's self.   This fortnight the prompt is Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.   I loved this book and was delighted to have a reason to revisit my oriental stamps.

Another challenge that lent it's theme to this card, Penny Black and More this month their challenge is Black & White + one more.

OK Lewis on TV and Harley cat demanding attention.  Gotta go.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your 9th anniversary. Such an eye catching card and great take on the library challenge. Love the crisp stamping and the striking colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful , cas card , so perfect for the challenge. Yes, I used to scan my cards too - not a good look! Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed a lot had changed in those nine years Zoe, I 'launched March 2009 as well and like you have seen many changes particularly in crafting styles and what is available now compared with then.

    Loving your Oriental creation, such bold colours really make the image pop. Perfect for our theme at Penny Black and More, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew right away that this was also for the Library challenge but it fits perfectlythe theme at PB & More. Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous CAS card.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and a beautiful stamp - very effective.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More, good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card and stunning image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on 9 years! I love your image, such a wonderful tag.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx